Editing video feedback and learner response






Feedback from teacher:

WWW:
  • It was well scripted
  • effective use of shot reverse shot - well framed
  • good lighting
  • good use of music
  • hand held camera so we are able to identify with the character 
  • match on action was well filmed going through the door
  • close up on evidence
EBI:
  • use an external mic for better sound
Grade; B-


3) Now reflect on your video. Did you meet the brief and successfully include the three key editing aspects we have learned?

Reflecting on my video, I do believe I met the brief successfully because I included a character opening a door, crossing a room and sitting down in a chair opposite another character, with whom she/he then exchanges a couple of lines of dialogue.


4) What were the strengths and weaknesses of your final film? Write a detailed analysis picking out specific shots, edits and any other aspect of film language you think is relevant.

The first strength of my final film is that I successfully included the three criteria's that were given. The second being the use of other parts of mis-en-scene such as lighting and music. For the lighting, I used a spotlight in the drama room which I think fit very well as it was an interrogation. The suspenseful music at the beginning of the film while the detective is walking to the interrogation room adds to the tension of the whole film. A weakness is although I used shot reverse shot, the camera was pointing at the person who isn't speaking as opposed to the person who is speaking. Another weakness is at the beginning of my video, there was a long duration of time without any editing which could have been altered to make sure that editing was incorporated straight away. 

5) Learner response: what aspect of editing did you find most difficult? How will you further develop your editing skills prior to starting the coursework in June?

The aspect of film language I found the most difficult was reverse shot reverse shot as I had to film different shots to make sure that the dialogue and the characters action match when switching between the clips. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cinematography lesson catch up (3/11/17)

Editing lesson catch up (29/11/17)

Radio: The Surgery & Life Hacks