Cinematography video feedback and learner response






Feedback from teacher:

WWW:



  • Used a combination of moving and still images.
  • fairly smooth camera work
  • very good editing (transitions) - blur edit (dissolve)
  • excellent typography - style/movement
  • good range of shots - tracking, worm-eye etc
  • good use of tripod/ fixed camera
  • very good use of action shot
EBI:


  • Add 100 words 
  • include other shots and avoid repetition of shots 
  • blurred camera at times - better focus
  • link clips together better 
  • only tilt up or down one way
Grade - A-



Feedback from fellow students:
WWW
  • Music suited the camera shots 
  • Showed more than one example for the camera shot
  • Good pictures and editing
  • Good use of the merge of pictures and clips. Range of different shots. Good lighting
  • A range of different shots. Editing of text was good. Good quality of images and videos. Good video transitions.
  • Good use of both pictures and videos. Good understanding of different shots
  • Each shot was accurately labelled. There was different shots used. The camera was quite still. Transitions was dissolved.
  • Good use of camera angles in both still images and moving images.
  • Good use of all camera shots. Smooth transitions between shots and images. Good choice of music and text font.
  • Various shots. Transition between clips were good. Music choice. Labelling was correct
  • Very good action shot. Appropriate music. Transition with text. 
EBI:
  • Could have been better if you included a story line. 
  • The parallel shot could have been more smooth
  • camera could have been focused on the worm eyes shot 
  • when doing the tilt, only go one way 
  • repetition on shots


Reflection of my own work:

WWW:
  • Used a variety of different shots and they were labelled correctly 
  • I used a tripod to ensure my moving images were steady and in focus
  • editing the video well including moving text and transitions.
EBI:
  • Add my 100 words (which I have done now)
  • could have avoided repeating the same shots. 

Learner response: think about what you learned making the video and also watching others. What will you do differently when you start the coursework later in the year? What tips or tricks have you learned from others that you can use next time? Are there any specific aspects of camerawork that you need to revise or practice?

The most important thing I learnt during the course of this cinematography task is how to use a camera effectively to acquire different shots, angles and movements. I also learnt how to use the editing software more efficiently as I could only do the most basic things within the software. One thing I learnt whilst watching other peoples videos is how to incorporate my shots and clips into a narrative. When I start the coursework next year, I use my time more efficiently and shoot my pictures and clips at a different location other than the school premises. Some tips and tricks I learnt from other students is to order my shots an clips into a sequence within a narrative to make my film more interesting to watch. A couple of aspects I feel like I need to work on is making sure my camera is always in focus and avoid reception of some of the clips. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cinematography lesson catch up (3/11/17)

Editing lesson catch up (29/11/17)

Radio: The Surgery & Life Hacks