Star persona video feedback and LR


Feedback given by me 

  • Shivani:
    WWW- The video was filmed very well, and the person doing the makeup ensured that their hand didn't get in the way on the face whilst doing the makeup. The music also fit very well with the theme of the video.
    EBI- Filming the video landscape would have allowed us to view the video larger and having a plain white while as a background to remove any distractions.
  • Shareen:
    WWW- The video was well filmed, and there was a good use of lighting which allowed me to see the makeup and the transformation really clearly.
    EBI- The music didn't really fit the theme of the transformation very well and the next time to improve, they can ensure the camera zooms in and out more smoothly. 

  • Tiago:
    WWW- The music fit the theme of the video very well, and good use of text at the beginning of the video. The setting was a white wall which allows the audience to concentrate on the makeup and not the background.
    EBI- Similar to Shareens feedback, try to avoid the stutter of the zooming in and out. 

Feed back given by others
  • Shivani:
    WWW- well done for creating a time lapse video, it had an accurate speed and showed a transformation.
    EBI- if you could of had a light in front of the person so the details would be more visible and if you could think about positioning next time because the makeup artists were blocking the face at time or creating a shadow on his face. 

Reflection

  1. How did your star persona mood board planning help clarify and develop your ideas?
    Making a mood board really did help while I was deciding on where and how to start when turning my friend into a zombie. Although I had a clear idea of how I would transform him, I did refer to the mood board when I was unsure. 
  2. Thinking technically, how could you improve your work for future videos? (E.g. filming, editing, sound etc.)When it comes to the editing, I could have added some special effect to go with the theme of my video and maybe added some horror/suspenseful music to fit the zombie theme. Also, to film the video I was using natural lighting; for future reference, I could use artificial lighting to make the video more clear.
  3. Thinking in terms of mise-en-scene, what were the aspects of CLAMPS you used effectively in your video?I think the most effective use of clamps in my video was makeup because I we complete transformed my friend into a zombie with only using makeup that we had. 
  4. What aspect of mise-en-scene (CLAMPS) could you have improved or done differently?As I said in my last question, the only effective use of clamps I used was makeup, and therefore all other aspects of clamps could have been more developed. I could have used a costume such as a ripped up t shirt which blood on it to make the transformation more realistic. I could have also improved the lighting so that the makeup could be seen more easily. 
  5. What have you learned regarding the importance of mise-en-scene to character, narrative and star personas?I have learnt that when creating and producing a video, all aspects of mise-en-scene need to be included and developed to make it successful and enjoyable to watch. 
  6. Finally. thinking conceptually or creatively, how could you improve the content of your video work in future? (E.g. planning, creative concept, timing etc.)In terms of planning, I could have left more time to edit the video as filming did take up a lot of time, as we had some issues with the camera. We could have also been a bit more prepared in terms of buying more makeup products which could have added to the look. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cinematography lesson catch up (3/11/17)

Editing lesson catch up (29/11/17)

Radio: The Surgery & Life Hacks